Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday, April 19, 2010

1. Completed reading of Othello ACT I oral and Elizabethan English with tape.
2. Began working on Othello assignment packet for ACT I.

Significant Quotes:
I.1.58: (Iago) "In following him [Othello] I follow but myself;"
I.1.65: (Iago) "...I am not what I am."
NOTE: Ensign: Lowest commissioned officer under a lieutenant.

I.3.167-168: (Othello) "She lov'd me for the dangers I had pass'd,/And I loved her that she did pity them." (This is how Desdemona and Othello fall in love.)

I.3.193-195: (Brabantio): "I here do give thee that with all my heart/Which but thou hast already, with all my heart would keep from thee."
(Brabantio is bitter and feels betrayed by Desdemona and Othello.)

I.3. 289-290: (Duke) "If virtue no delighted beauty lack,/ Your son-in-law is far more fair than black."
(Duke favors/likes and respects Othello's good qualities.)

I.3.292-293: (Brabantio) "Look to her, Moor, if thou hast eyes to see; She has deceiv'd her father, and may thee."
(Brabantio is spiteful toward Desdemona and retaliates by planting a seed of doubt about Desdemona's honesty.)