Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday, January 5
Happy New Year 2010!
English 2B Expectations:
1. I must arrive on time and be in my seat ready to learn at the ring of the bell. If I have an assignment to turn in, I need to have it ready on my desk, not in my backpack. If I am tardy, I need to obtain my tardy slip before coming to class.
2. While in class, I need to be respectful and on task at ALL TIMES. Petty talk during class is unacceptable.
3. I have a right to my opinion, but I am expected to keep it to myself unless I am asked by my teacher to share it.
4. When I respond to questions in writing, I must NOT begin with a pronoun (He, she, it, they, you) , "that," "to," "because," or any other subordinate conjunction. I will use complete sentences which restate the question.
5. I am expected to avoid being loud or disorderly when entering the classroom.
6. I will be careful with the following homonyms:
their- belonging to them
there- in that place
they're- they are

your - belonging to you
you're - you are

its - belonging to it
it's - it is
too - also, very (degree)
7. I will be avoid using the following words in my formal writing: things, stuff, alot of, freaked out, sucks, sucked.

Composition: "My Resolutions for 2010" Write a one page composition about this topic with three detailed (10th grade level paragraphs) elaborating on 1) your goal(s), 2) Why these are important, and 3) Your specific plan for accomplishing these goals.
Please ask for handout when you return.